2015. október 26., hétfő

Found best friend's Grindr account...any advice would be appreciated

Sorry for the wall of text...thanks in advance for reading.About 3 years ago, I became worried about a really good friend (let's call him Steve) of mine. He was barely eating (still suffers from a pretty bad eating disorder), was drinking a lot and just seemed really depressed. I had always suspected that Steve was gay and had asked him about it but he always denied it. Another gay friend of mine told me he had found Steve on Grindr. Being the curious person that I am, and with the best of intentions I swear, I decided to create an account just to see for myself. Bad idea, I know. Steve ended up messaging me first on there while I briefly catfished only to make sure that it was actually him (it's hard to tell from only looking at body pictures lol). The guilt of what I did caught up to me and I ended up confessing what I did to Steve and reassured him I loved him for who he was and wanted to be there for him if he was going through a rough time for whatever reason. After this confession, Steve stopped talking to me. We're working on rebuilding some type of friendship. Steve says he has no idea why I did what I did and still denies being gay, even though he has become "more obviously out" and he openly lives with a gay room mate now who I'm almost positive he's dating. My question to all of you is how wrong do you think my actions were? I can see that I overstepped a boundary here and betrayed his trust. I know my course of action wasn't necessarily the best but my reasons for doing so were mainly to help him. I identify as pansexual and would have been slightly relieved to have a friend tell me they are accepting of who I am and want to be there for me. His room mate also refuses to even acknowledge me due to the incident. I would love to hear others' perspectives on how they would feel if this happened to them.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése