2015. október 26., hétfő

Huge problems with parents... Need advice ASAP

Hello reddit, long time lurker here... Most likely, this post will be a bit long for some of you so I will try writing a TL;DR at the end of it. My name is Eddy, I am 19 years old and I live in Romania. I always knew I was gay, even when I wasn't familiar with the concept of someone being homosexual, I knew something was "wrong" with me but I never really paid attention to it. I built my childhood based on what the society would like to see and I tried to not think of this idea of me being gay, it was hard... extremely hard. I remember when I was about 16 I got to the point where I said to myself that whenever I think of men in a sexual way, I would punch myself hard, and not because I thought it was wrong, because I didn't want to be this way. Almost 2 years ago, I was about to kill myself because of it and that was the most difficult period of my life, it was horrible. After that, I met a wonderful guy on a dating app, let's call him Kevin (we are in a healthy relationship now). So Kevin helped me a lot to accept myself, he made me realise that I should be proud of who I am... he basically saved my life. Few months later after talking every day online, we decided to buy plane tickets for me to go to Canada (where he lives) to visit him for the first time. The days have passed, everything was perfect. Since I am 19, I was still living with my parents and it was the time to tell them that I am not who they thought I am and that I am going away for 5 weeks to visit my boyfriend. You may now know, but here in Romania, especially in rural areas(I grew up in a really small town), homosexuality is seen as something horrible, like a mental disease so I was expecting my parents to not understand. They took it very hard, my dad cried for days, my mom as well... we went to a psychologist and things got a little bit better. I got to my boyfriend, everything was perfect, we got along very well, we love each other very much and honestly he's the best thing that happened in my life... ever. Soon after I got back to Romania, I started university and things were going well... my parents were OK even thought we haven't talked about how it was there or about my sexual orientation... but I thought it would be better to give them some time to be confortable with the idea. Few weeks after I came back, me and Kevin bought another plane tickets for Christmas, because we miss each other very much and we want to spend the holidays together... nothing wrong with that, right? Now it is that time again to tell my parents that I'm going away for Christmas... I told my mom first, because I feel like she's more open minded than my dad. She freaked out because she thought that, magically, I am straight again because after I came back from Canada I went for a few psychologist sessions and she actually thought that I was going to "conversion therapy session" which is ridiculous. She told me that my dad thinks the same (that I'm straight) and she is afraid that he will get sick because of me. I really love Kevin and I know he loves me as well... I want to escape from here, I don't feel safe and I know that my parents will never understand it since they grew up in the communist regime and they are very close minded... What should I do?TL;DR I'm gay. I'm perfectly OK with it. I am happy with my boyfriend but my parents think that I'm mentally ill. I want to escape from them.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése