2015. október 27., kedd

How Do I Defend My 6-Year Old Effeminite Brother

Hey everyone. My first time posting here. Hope it's welcomed.Anyways- I just have a little rant/need some advice. I'm 21 Years old at the moment and I have like... 5 younger brothers and 1 younger sister, all within the gaps of 14-19 and 2 younger ones, 6 Sister, and 1 brother. I'm gay- which is why I'm posting here.So my little 5 year old brother, he does a lot of things that seem really um... Well- it's sort of leading to him most likely becoming gay (safe assumptions, no stereotypes.) The stuff he watches on youtube (barbie doll reviews, 7 supergirls,), the music and people he listens to (Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Madonna), the movies that he chooses to watch and the toys he prefers to play with. He also wants to be called "Racquel"... (Who is Barbie's archenemy in some series he watches together with my little sister.) So umm- it's showing signs that he's quite effeminate. Sorry if this offends anyone cuz of stereotypes- I just wanna clear that out.Now, I get really stressed about it because there are often convorsations of me being a bad influence- and all I can say is WTF. It's really unfair because my other brothers show him all types of movies- and I show him my types of movies. He prefers to watch the movies that I watch (Lizzie McGuire the Movie, High School Musical, Camp Rock), basically these typa genre- and all the time, when his "effeminiten-ess" is being brought up- I always get pointed at. "OH. Him. He's being a bad influence. He lets them listen to "White Girl" music. All I can say is "It's not my fault he prefers my taste over yours."Now, I know this might not seem like a problem (maybe), but it's putting a lot of pressure on me as an older brother and being gay at the same time. I don't know how to defend when I'm cornered by my uncle and like 2 or 3 of my younger brothers. I don't know- maybe I'm being a bad influence- but I definitely don't agree on that.This really stresses me out and pisses me off because I'm being put on a situation where someone's sexuality/gender can be "fixed" which I'm sure a lot of you guys probably know about. In my case however, It's hard to explain. I don't know what to tell 3-4 other people in front of me and confront them that you can't "Fix" these things.Any help and advice would really work well. I know I'm typing this sounding really formal or what ever- but deep down inside, I actually feel really sad and would probably cry cuz It's an annoying responsibility that's made from ignorance. I know how it feels to shove beliefs on people's throats- and that's the last thing I want to do. But at the same time, I know that saying "Try to understand him" is a very weak statement and won't get through the ears of 3-4 other straight people who don't understand that it wasn't just a "choice".Thanks for reading.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése