2015. október 20., kedd

Attending the recent Pride events has opened my eyes to something.

I might get downvoted to hell for this, but I feel like it has to be brought into light.During the Pride parade this year, I grew tired of all the degrading and defacing stereotypes that the gay community is perpetuating.During Pride, I noticed so many sexual things. I listened to one woman, in particular. She sang a song that required lyrical improvisation. She filled in the blank with words like “pussy”. I also couldn't get through a crowd without someone slapping my ass. Things like these are what makes people think that the LGBT community are full of freaks and perverts.Don’t get me wrong, there were many events of Pride that were great, such as seeing different companies and organizations coming out to show their support. There are qualities about the community that I fully support as well, such as promoting the idea to be proud of oneself. But, it’s not cool if a person is proud of oneself, but also contributes to a community’s degradation like walking around in public three-quarters of the way naked. It's difficult to be a proud member of the community if I have to stand idly by and watch as it gets stigmatized for its stereotypes, such as promiscuity.The negative stereotypes that the LGBT community are perpetuating is perhaps one of the reasons why some parents feel incredibly disappointed when their children come out to them. They feel like their children will become promiscuous and get persecuted by society.This can all stop if enough people promote the idea that homosexual people are not negative icons of human society. Such as keeping all the sexualizing behind closed doors, and promoting the idea that not all gay people want to sleep with every guy who sits next to them.Thank you to any fellow LGBT members who supports this view.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése