2016. május 20., péntek

Anyone's unsupportive parents come around?

So I've been out for around 5 years now (I'm 19) and my parents still hold a great deal of contempt for my "lifestyle". They're Baptists. My mom thinks that all male homosexuals are miserable, promiscuous, drug-abusing pedophiles. Seriously.It eats away at me. I try not to dwell on it, but that's hard to do. Every time I talk to someone about it, they always say the same thing: "They will come around."I'm sorry, but I just can't see it happening...I guess I'd just like to hear from people who's parents used to be the way mine are now, but eventually came around and accepted them. It'd be nice to hear how long it took, whether it was gradual or sudden, etc. Not limited to gay males of course.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése