2016. május 24., kedd

I'm dating my best friend

Throwaway because reasons. It's 2 am where I am and I just feel like sharing my story. I would like to apologize ahead of time for the length of this story. A little back story first. I have known I was gay since I was about 13 or 14. I never had any real friends, as I had ADHD and was always picked on. There were a bunch of boys that I had crushes on, but alas I was too afraid to do anything about it.Come high school I decided to start telling a couple people that I liked hoping that they'd like me back, but unfortunately they were all straight. Fortunately they kept my secret as promised. My family and everybody else think I'm straight, as I had 3 girlfriends (they only lasted about a month each and I broke up with them because I didn't like the commitment). At the point that I was with them I thought I was bisexual. They funny thing is the first girl I ever dated became a lesbian, and the second girl became a bisexual. The third and last just became a bitch, but that’s farther into the story.Fast forward to senior year. I was big into engineering and was always in the shop. Because of that I was close to the Engineering teachers and one of them did stage crew. That teacher, Mr. C, asked for my help with making some props. I complied. I brought some of the stuff when I finished to the theater and that's when I first laid eyes on him. Let’s call him J. I didn't know his name, nor did I know anything about him, but he was cute as hell.I asked Mr. C if I could get a ticket to see the show and he gave me one for free since I helped. Now Fast Forward to the show. I watched the play and watched him closely. He kept smiling and I smiled back at him in the dark pretending he was smiling at me.After the show I searched the playbill and found out who he was. I searched him on Facebook and added him. It turned out he was a freshman, like my sister at the time, and he was BIIIIIGGGG into theater and acting. On top of that his voice was very feminine, and his antics just screamed gay. I thought he was the one. He added me the next day and I messaged him.“Hey” “Hey” “You guys were good last night” “Thanks” “I haven’t been to a musical since my cousin graduated high school years ago. I think they did Grease” “Oh well thanks for coming out and supporting us we really appreciate seeing everyone out there” “Do you know my sister, [redacted]?” “Yeah” “Do you have any classes with here[sic] this year?” “No” “Oh” “Yeah she probably has all honors and sadly I only have two” “Actually the funny thing is, i scared her because i have all ap and honors, and i said that we move fast, so she dropped all her honors classes” "I have to get in the shower because i have work at two. What's ur #? (No homo)” “867-5309” [obviously not gonna include his number here.]I texted him a few times and we kinda hit it off as friends. I tried not to annoy him, and was even going to not text him for a day or two, but he texted me first. He is the only human being o ever text me first with the exception of family and people who need things (and wrong numbers.) We kept talking and becoming more open with each other. Then it happened. As I started to feel light-chested I told him the truth about me. I told him I was (at the time) bisexual. He said that was cool. No, we aren’t even close to being done this story. We became closer friends. He was friends with a couple girls and I kept pestering asking him who his best friend was, and he wouldn’t give me a straight answer because he didn’t want to choose. So being funny I asked him who his best guy friend was and he said me! Senior year went on and Prom was coming up. My aunt told me about a girl she works with who is about my age. She told me she showed her pictures of me and said she wanted to meet me. So my aunt invited her over to a party and we started talking. My family kinda edged me into asking her to prom. I did, and she said yes, and asked me to hers as well. We started talking and then I asked her out, to give the girlfriend thing a try again. Things weren’t the way I wanted, as there seemed to be too much obligation. She wanted to keep texting me, and I was playing video games or talking to J, and didn’t feel like texting her.Her prom came first, and we sat at a table with her friends. There was one kid at the table, B, who was 15 or 16 and was openly Gay. I didn’t say much to him directly, but after the night was over I asked for his number and this other girl they were friends with, but really so I could get B’s number. Up to this point I have talked to J every day since I first contacted him, I was losing interest in future bitch, and was seeing potential with B. I texted B that night and told him my secret. He was so happy to find somebody else who liked guys. We talked for a little. Fast forward to my Prom. Nothing special happened, but a couple of days later I got a text from future bitch and she said somebody told her about B and me. It happened to be the other girl since she knew already about me and AB she was supposed to be our “Protector”. So present bitch broke up with me (I swear she just used this as an excuse because she then tried getting with my cousins). I then broke it off with B. The only person I was talking to was J. J knew everything that happened, too.Now for some more info about J. He was very self-conscious of what others thought of him and he didn’t like when people thought he was gay. He has anxiety as well. I always tried getting him to send me pics of himself shirtless, but he never felt comfortable. I went on my senior trip and on the day we were at universal I got a snap from J while I was in line for the Harry Potter Castle Ride. It was a picture of J in a bathing suit next to his pool. I almost cried tears of joy. Still to this point we have been talking everyday.A month later comes my birthday. It was the eve of my birthday and J was talking about going to slep soon (this was just before midnight). At midnight he sent me a snap of himself shirtless and said Happy Birthday! I sent a reaction pic and said OMG I thought you were uncomfortable. He told me he was, but not to me anymore. He kept commenting on how he liked my smile. We literally became he bestest of friends at that point. He was still straight as far as I knew, but he was beginning to play flirt with me to satisfy me (a great friend am I right?).I then have a conversation with him telling him that I loved him as a friend. Like a brother. I told him love didn’t need to be sexual. I loved him like family. From that point on I got him telling me he Loved me as a friend and it was awesome. We have been friends for about 5 months at this point. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to hangout at all because my Mom was giving me shit for talking to him because he seemed gay and was in my sister’s grade, and he’s 3 years younger. J’s parents were giving him problems because of the age as well.So, the only time we got to see each other was in school. I met him in the hallway after school a few times and he allowed me to hug him. But after I graduated things sucked cause we couldn’t see each other.I started college the following year, which was a 20 minute drive so I just commuted from home. I live practically across the street from my high school, so I would stop by from time to time to say hi to my engineering teachers. One day J and I made a plan to meet outside of school and drive to get lunch at Panera and then drop him off at home. The plan went off without a hitch. After Panera we had some time so we stopped at target to walk around. I wanted to hug J but the only private place we could do that would be in the bathroom. The problem was, J had a fear of going into bathrooms. I tried convincing him before to meet me in the school bathrooms so we could talk and stuff, but he could never do it. I told J I had to go to the bathroom so he waited outside. I told him afterwards that I wanted to hug, but he refused to go in. I begged him and tried easing his fear and finally got him to step in for like a 10 second hug. He thanked me for helping him with his fear. I dropped him off and hugged him in my car quickly. I told him I loved him and drove off. We talked on the phone instead of texting from time to time after my classes were over. Around that time J started dating this girl A (it was his first girlfriend) I encouraged him through the relationship because if there is anything that I love most in this world, it’s making J happy. Our 1 year friendaversary eventually passed, and again we have literally talked every day since we became friends. I finished my first year at college and all was good. Then one night J told me that A broke up with him. He was upset, and I was there for him. I told him “Psh, who needs girls anyway. I bet I could be a better boyfriend to you then she was a girlfriend.” I asked him just for one night for us to date. Just so I knew what it was like to date him. He said sure. I couldn’t believe he said yes. I asked instead of just one night we could do a week and he said he didn’t know. And that was it. A day became weeks, and weeks became months. He told me he secretly started to like me, and now I am dating my best friend. That happened over a year ago. We have been dating for over a year, have been friends for two years, and still talk every day. We have so much in common, never fight, and never get angry at each other. Its almost perfect except our parents and he’s afraid of how everybody at school will react.I keep trying to convince him it will be okay if we come out together, but he wants to wait another year until he graduates. I love him so much, but there is so much hate in this world that we can’t be truly happy yet.It is now 3:15 in the morning, and I have to be up in 5 hours for work. Any suggestions please feel free to comment below. I apologize once again for how long this is. Its almost 2,000 words.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése