2018. február 21., szerda

30 Years Old - Need Help Coming Out

I feel a bit like my entire life up until now has been somewhat wasted. I have not been able to live my own life out of the closet and until about a year ago, I was still in denial about my sexuality. Compounded with the fact that I have a conservative family and was raised in part by a fire and brimstone, bible-thumping step-mother, I feared my own salvation given my innate sexuality. Thankfully, I am now free of that nonsense and am comfortable with my spirituality (rather the lack of spirituality as I am now an atheist). However, I am feeling that it is time for me to face the barrier of coming out.For complete disclosure, my best friend and I are both male and he is unaware of my sexuality. I have encouraged him to pursue healthy girlfriends and am a little vocal about when I think he might need to assess love interests that don't treat him well. In many ways he is like my little brother (he is a few years younger), and I truly want him to be happy. The only caveat is that I have a romantic attraction to him, a phenomenon not exclusive to my gay experience, I know. However, I am pretty certain he is mostly straight, though sometimes he huddles up next to me or puts his head on my shoulder, which I interpret as a blood-brother type bond more than anything. I plan to come out to him when I next see him and I have set aside a whole day for us to hang out privately to do so. However, I am mixed on what to do with telling him my feelings. We already acknowledge that we love and care about one another, almost all of our conversations end with "love you" or other things family members would typically say. However, I feel like I should tell him that I am a little more romantically attracted to him as I share a deep emotional bond with him.While it would be nice for him to secretly feel the same way, I doubt that will be the case. But still, I feel that I will never quite have the closure I need to move on and actually come out fully unless I am absolutely honest with him. It is a little selfish since I can already assume he cannot ever be attracted to me in a romantic sense, but I don't want to make things awkward by continuing this deep romantic attraction.How should I handle this situation?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése