2018. február 26., hétfő

Brother will not bring his boyfriends around

Please don't beat me up about this... because I"m going to be very honest.My brother came out to me about 5 years ago. I handled it very poorly. Cried and got a little angry because he lied for a long time about it. Thankfully I'm married to a wonderful man who helped me see the light and realize that my relationship with my brother was important and not worth losing.I feel bad because I was the first person he told and then for a long time he didn't tell our mother. I told him that I would not out him, but that he should tell our mother. He finally did about 2 years ago and she was shocked, but accepting. My brother is not out to extended family because they're very conservative and have openly made comments about their lack of acceptance. I do think they speculate it, but it's not talked about.I have apologized to my brother numerous times. We do have a good relationship, but I think the damage is done. As I'll always be part of his story of coming out and it's not a good part because I handled it so badly.I really love my brother and he is such a great uncle. My son LOvES him very much!Moving on, my brother dated a guy for a year and a half... he never introduced him to us. I asked my brother why he didn't and he said that he told his bf how I reacted to him coming out and that his bf said he had no interest in meeting me because of how I treated my brother. I was really hurt about it. Now I'm worried that anyone he dates is going to hate me or think of me negatively based on my initial reaction to my brother coming out to me.I only have one sibling and if my brother dates or marries someone... I'd like to be close with that person and I'd like them to be a part of my life and embrace my kids too. I am really excited at the prospect of having a bil and hope that we can become close. How can I make things right? I feel like anyone my brother dates is going to hate me straight out of the gate.Any advice or insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése