2017. június 24., szombat

Becoming more masculine, wrong?

As of lately I have started to notice how more and more masculine gay guys have started to come forth and that the super feminine gay stereotype is starting to become less popular or main indicator for gayness. I think that there are a lot of factors that are the reason for this, but something that I have thought of is if wanting to become more masculine is a bad thing? These past few months after a break-up I have realized how much I have leant on my gay identity and really being one with my gayness. Growing up I had to almost prove to my parents that I wasn't going through a phase so I took on the stereotypical gay features. However now that I am a young 20-year old I am having an identity crisis. On the one hand I want to explore my masculinity, and really see how I feel. On the other hand I feel that I do it because of the fear of missing out on these "masc4masc" type of men, and afraid that I am doing it because of childhood bullying because of femininity. At the same time I feel as if I'm done identifying with the stereotypical gay femininity, and that I have a need to grow up and explore other parts of myself. Does anything of this make sense, and/or have you experienced the same thing?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése