2015. szeptember 17., csütörtök

Gay, having difficulty coming out

Yes it's another one of these threads. But hey, I just might as well try.As the title says, I'm a high schooler who's gay. I don't really care about my sexuality, but I've always had trouble coming out. I'm not scared of being harassed or anything (my area's liberal) but my difficulty with coming out has been for a different reason.Basically I don't want to be treated differently by other people. My biggest fear when coming out to someone is for that person to treat me like I'm a special person who's emotions are as sensitive as a tender flower. Ex: My friends sometimes use gay as an insult unintentionally, and they apologize to me right after even though I don't care, no matter how many times I tell them. Or when I hear someone go "Oh OP is gay, we need to treat him nicely and make sure he feels accepted". It's not only annoying, but just makes me feel awkward. I'm aware that they have good intentions, but it's doing exact opposite. I just want to be treated normally, which unfortunately rarely happens.Then there's the fact that I don't want to be associated or seen as some flamboyant, feminine guy who wears pink and glitter while waving a giant rainbow. I don't see myself as flamboyant, and so I'm a bit uncomfortable when I'm seen as someone I'm not. It's hard for me to even come out to my parents (both of whom I know won't care) because I don't want them to treat me like I'm someone with special needs. Basically, what should I do? Am I overthinking this or overreacting?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése