2015. július 15., szerda

STUNNING hypocrisy on gay wedding cakes. I need you guys to explain this to me...

I'm a gay male. I'm not personally preparing for marriage but nonetheless I shouted "VICTORY!" when Christian bakeries were rightfully punished for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes based on their personal beliefs. My thought is if you are running a public business you must cater to all who request your services, and if you cannot do that then you shouldn't be in the business you are in. The gay community and our allies rained down on said bakeries with a righteous fury, letting them know we will not stand for intolerance.But.... what about Muslim bakeries?A straight comedian (whom I have no love for, but nonetheless) went into 13 Muslim owned bakeries and requested they bake a gay wedding cake. Of course, most refused. My question is: why the hell aren't we DOING anything about it??! The media won't cover it, social networks aren't littered with the same calls for justice that were demanded when Christian bakeries refused service, and no lawsuits have been filed. Now, if you don't think ANY bakery should be forced to go against their personal beliefs then that's your right to feel that way - BUT if you voiced any outrage, any condemnation whatsoever at Christian bakeries (or any other comparable service like photographers, florists, ect.) then the same disapproval should be directed at any and all religious public business to not discriminate. It's infuriating to me. There's no logical or good reason why one religion should invoke our ire but not another.I'm trying to get a group of people here in my community to band together and start ordering gay celebratory cakes from local Muslim-owned bakeries, and if they refuse, take legal action and cause the same shitstorm everyone did with Christians. You cannot stand for one and not the other. You can call me a pot-stirrer but the reason I'm pushing this is because it's literally unfathomable to me how the media and even my own gay community (if aware) can ignore this kind of blatant hypocrisy.Am I right? Should Muslims be exempt? Why? Why is no one making an issue out of this? It's literally sickening, and I've decided to make this my personal crusade. Join me, talk about this because, just like myself until today, hadn't even considered this until I saw that video, which while the creators of it had a different agenda, still pointed out a glaring problem. Now that I'm aware I cannot stand idly by. Please help - even if it's upvoting to spread the message. This needs to be discussed and addressed. Let's band together and start testing this. Discrimination cannot exist in the public sector under any circumstances, and ignoring this is ignoring bigotry.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése