2015. július 24., péntek

Love can't wait, the plane can't, too

Just wanted to share something on the lighter side.A month ago, I met this man who was in my country for a weekend vacation. He has been working in a neighboring country for two months and decided to visit my country one weekend. We spent a few hours before I sent him off to the airport to go back to the country where he's working. We continued chatting and Skyping during the following weeks and eventually decided that I should take my turn and visit him before he goes back to the US before the month of July ends.It was during my visit when we shared our very first kiss and other expressions of our feelings for each other. After more than two days of being in cloud nine with a person I've fallen in love with, it was time to go back home. We had coffee at the Starbucks near the departure area, and I just didn't want to leave him.Thirty minutes before my flight leave, we went to the departure area and hugged right outside immigration. After hugging for a while, we bade each other goodbye and I lined up for the departure area. I looked back and saw him walking away. When I got inside, I looked back again as I was walking towards the immigration counters. I saw him on the other side of the glass walls, walking back towards the walls. I kept waving to him until I could no longer see him.I started to cry a bit in the immigration line, but I knew I had to compose myself. As soon as I got past immigration, I looked at my flight information and it said that my flight was on its last call. I grabbed a trolley and ran towards my gate, which of course, is the farthest one.I ran for a good quarter of a kilometer or so before reaching the gate, which was flashing the sign "GATE CLOSING".I barely made it to my flight back home, and I was out of breath when I got inside the plane.But the thought that I spent all the time that I can with this guy I really like up to the last minute makes it worth it.We plan to keep our long distance relationship for now. I don't know what will happen in the future. But I guess there's beauty in that.TL;DR Visited a guy in another country which might be the last time we'll be seeing each other for a while. We were inseparable up to the last moments before my flight back home, which almost made me miss it. But no regrets.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése