2015. július 29., szerda

Why do my fellow gays cat call flamboyantly?

So this is something I can't quite wrap my head around. So my roommate and I are both gay but he's very flamboyant and I'm not. We can be driving/walking down the street and if he sees a hot guy he'll do that standard "Heeeeeeeeeeeeey" in his normal upspeak tone. I am perplexed by this though. If you're a guy on the street your greatest odds that he may actually be interested fall on that he's bi or gay and closeted or not. If a guy is closeted there is no way he's going to respond publicly, he's only may respond off of non-verbal or non-upspeak verbal communication. If he's bi or gay we know that generally in our community (as detrimental as this may be) the more flamboyant we are the less we are openly pursued. So if you're playing the odds to try to get a hot guy's attention that you know nothing about, wouldn't you always want to default to doing a non-upspeak way of grabbing his attention or letting him know you find him attractive?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése