2018. január 17., szerda

To what extent do you let others around you that you're gay?

Mainly asking what the title says, but some context is needed.I am gay guy, but very few people around me know I actually gay. I know it I'm not coming out due to fear of cultural stigma, homophobia, etc. since I fortunately live in Boston, one of the most liberal parts of the US.In spite of having little to fear repercussion wise for 'coming out' to others I still haven't done so. I want people to know, but I also don't wish for it to seem forced and seem like being homosexual is all I am.It feels kinda stifling since I think most other people (nothing wrong here, just statistics) assume I am straight and treat me a bit differently as so. I also fear it may be partially hurting my formation of some friendships & romantic relationshipsHas anyone dealt with this before? Is there a cohesive way to 'notify' other that I am gay without it coming across as awkward or all-defining?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése