2017. június 21., szerda

Just some thoughts and reflections

A couple months back, I felt pretty hopeless. I had been trying so far to find a relationship at the end of a semester at college. Looking back, I realize that several things where wrong with this. 1. I wasn't emotionally ready I was suffering from depression and just trying to get over past relationships. I tried to fill the void of what I had lost with something new. This was never going to work out, and this made me reject anything that wouldn't fill that void.2. Timing Most people don't want to get into a relationship at the end of a college semester, so I was kind the only one looking. At least it seemed like I was the only one. 3. Impatience This was hard to struggle with. I wanted to find something right away. This was not realistic in any way. I just had to wait and see what life would bring, and not try to hard and seem overbearing.Flash forward a few months, and not too much has changed. Still single, and that is perfectly fine. This time alone has really helped me hone in on a sense of self, both worth and identity. This in turn has helped build my confidence. A relationship still seems far off to me, but I feel like I will be more than ready to take on the adventure.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése