2017. május 24., szerda

Confused - might be in love.. No one to talk to. In need of some guidance :/

Hello everyone,I'm 23, and confused.. This is my first post on reddit, but this subreddit, and the people in it are awesome, so I finally took it upon myself to finally make an account and seek some guidance from you all! :) I have no one in my life that I can openly talk about this to... but I need to get this off my chest and I feel this is a great place to start -- so please, bear with me here.. I see this type of thing get asked frequently but this just is not easy as I'm sure you know :(But First -- I know a beautiful woman when I see one. I like women, but I don't think that I'm physically attracted to them like most 'straight' guys are. I have never been with another girl before though -- kissed a few -- but never really dated. Still a virgin..yep. I'm just pathetic when it comes to girls. Maybe, I have no real interest in women. (well that took a lot longer than I thought it would to write/confess) I want to say that I'm bisexual, but I think I'm more attracted to guys/men/boys more than I am girls/women. There. I've never told this to anyone.So... now my real problem -- I have a friend (also 23) whom I've known since high school (so about 8 years), that has become more than a friend to me. We're best friends - its really great! We call each other brother, because it's really what we've become. We hang out 4-5 days a week when he's home from college; he has 1 more year after this summer.Well, over the course of those 8 years, we've become really close. We have said to each other before, "I love you" but not in a sexual way - but like brotherly love. We hug sometimes, go to movies, go out to eat, etc.. Well....... I think this "brotherly love" may be turning into something else.. I've never felt this way about someone before, but I can't get myself to talk about any of this to him. As far as both of us know - we both like girls and are 'straight' to each other.I never talk about girls (probably because I'm not into them, nor have I ever actually been with any). He on the other hand frequently talks about girls. He throws out the occasional, "She's hot," here and there and he's actually had a few girlfriends - most recently one about 3 years ago in college that strangely didn't last very long. He said they had frequent sex (I was very jealous..), but it only lasted about 5-6 months. I don't know why exactly they broke up, but his reason was that she was too clingy..I stayed home and got a full time job while he went to college (actually has 1 more year after this summer). Well, I really miss him when he goes away. We've had discussion before about other gay friends, and he said he doesn't mind if someone is gay or not. He said he's not gay, and I have said that I'm not gay before, too, but this thing between us - this unspoken thing.. I feel there's more than just "bro" love. The way we look into each others eyes sometimes .. some of our quirks and inside jokes.. I wish it could be real. Maybe I just want it to be real and I'm fooling myself..I don't know how to talk to him about this. He's my best friend in the world and well, I suppose that's the reason that I'm so scared to talk to him about this. I don't want to lose an amazing friend if this turns him off, but I suppose if he does turn his shoulder, maybe he wasn't such a good friend to begin with. But, I really feel that I have to tell him this summer or else I might not ever, because he may end up moving to the city where he goes to college... but that's a big maybe..TL;DR:I have a best friend that I've developed very strong, undeniable feelings for. Romantic feelings. No one knows. I don't know how to tell my best friend of 8 years, whom I love, that I might actually be in love.. We both tell each other that we like girls, but I feel that he may be hiding just as deep in the closet as I am -- although, I could just be fooling myself.So, I don't know if: A) I should start by telling him that I have an interest in boys/guys/men and see his reaction, B) I should tell him that the connection we've made over the last few years has blossomed into something much more, or C) Just don't tell him at all and continue to be miserable with my bottled up feelings and grow up only to regret not telling him one day.This is something I think of pretty much every day...Thank you for taking your time to read this, as this is very difficult for me. I have no one to talk to about this.I will gladly answer any questions that may arise :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése