2017. március 15., szerda

UPDATE: Not another bromance turned into a romantic relationship (Long post)

Part 1: Here Long story short: Confused (straight/bi) guy about being emotionally dependent on (gay) best friend, or actually starting to develop romantic feelings.OK, guys, so... these past two weeks have been pretty intense for me. On Saturday I saw my therapist after almost a month. We both decide I needed to talk to my friend about all the feelings and thoughts I had inside of me. Today, we had lunch together and I finally took courage to tell him everything.After I made sure he'd already eaten all of his meal, I started. I asked him "Do you remember what happened at the elevator... the kiss?" He said he did, and I told him "Well... I never got over that kiss, and... I might be in love with you. I'm very confused". I told him that after that kiss I started to fantasize about hugging and kissing him again. I told him that I think I'm bisexual, and that I might be in love with him.He took it... well, I supposed. He told me that he already thought about that possibility (me falling in love with him) but he wanted to wait for me to confirm it. He said that he was happy that I was seeing a therapist and that I was opening to him. He told me that all of these feelings he already had them when he was 12 years old and was starting to assume his homosexuality. He told me to let myself go throughout this process of self-discovering, and told me he was happy I had professional support while going through this.He told me that 2 years ago, he was into me. He said that it was unbelievable how much he liked me and felt attracted to me. He never said he was in love with me, though. I told him that I had the feeling that I "arrived late" to the whole situation. Kind of like... when he was attracted to him I was not, and now that I may be having feelings for him, he is not into me anymore. He neither deny nor confirmed this, so I assume that's exactly the case.We left the restaurant and headed to the office. We arrived at the lobby and pushed the elevator button. Deep inside I prayed that none come so we could be alone at the elevator. None did, and we entered. He started to tell me a few things about his week. I interrupted him, and told him "I want to kiss you". He leaned a little bit (since I shorter than him) and we kissed.Now, I don't know how to feel. I feel I little bit alleviated for having told him all of this, but at the same time it didn't cause the impact I was expecting. Maybe a very small part of me wanted him to reciprocate the feelings I now was unveiling to him, but it didn't turn out that way. However, I don't think I'm disappointed, at least right now. Probably because I know deep down that even if he reciprocated those feelings and asked me to be his boyfriend, I would have said no. I don't think I'm prepared to have a romantic relationship right now. I need more time.So... this is it, guys. I don't know how's everything going to end up. I don't know if we will still be friends. I mean, our friendship already started to wreck a year and a half ago, so it's not like we will have the deep connection and intimacy we used to. And on the other side, I don't see ourselves becoming boyfriends.I just wanted to update my story since I got very useful and insightful responses and advice, I felt like I owed this to you, guys. And also I wanted to share it in case my story is helpful to other people going through the same situation.As I write this, I'm about to go to bed, so if you want any more details just ask, as I might have missed some of them. Again, thank you so much for your help!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése