2015. szeptember 19., szombat

I'm not gay, but I experienced some shitty homophobia yesterday at work.

This happened because of a mistake that I made.At my job, people often come to me with issues not related to my job title; often computer related, so I go ahead and fix these issues just out of kindness. Whilst fixing a gentleman's issue, I got a call from upstairs to fix an error on my timesheet (this happened because of another department, but I had to go upstairs to fill out a manual time sheet, pretty standard).I'm not very familiar with what goes on in the staff area of this part I was called to. I should have been mindful, but I was mind wandering since I was in a rush to get back to the aforementioned computer I was fixing (and to relieve a shift that was coming up). So I'm told to go sit down somewhere, and I chose the wrong area, unfortunately. It's hard to explain what the room looks like but basically there are offices and a room outside the offices. The room outside has a lunchrooms and tables with monitors scattered about them. The table I chose to sit at was one of those tables. I saw a gentleman sitting at the table already, but it looked like he was waiting with his laptop. Well, me sitting at the same table made him really angry. He mentioned that he didn't care that if it was his desk or equipment, it was just "weird" that I wanted to sit next to him; the table is quite large and we weren't really "next" to each other, and he was implying something very homophobic. Him saying that it's just "weird" continued on and on and he wouldn't shut the fuck up. I apologized, as much as this guy's face asked to be punted, but he continued. I shuck my head and walked out, I wasn't going to deal with a psychotic individual. He continued it with one of my managers who took us both back to the area. My manager's face as he spoke said it all; it was a look that reciprocated how I was feeling, "how the fuck do I deal with this because I don't even know what is happening right now?" He told him that it isn't a big deal and told me not to worry about it.I'd never dealt with homophobia like this. I'd always heard it in passing, but it was never this direct. I fucking hate that this happened because I want to quit immediately, but at the same time, it does offer me some more empathy for you all.TL:DR: Ghetto thug asshole got really upset because I sat a few feet away from him, kept saying it was "weird" that I "wanted" to sit next to him, wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése