2015. július 4., szombat

came out to liberal best friend who is acting distant towards me since that day

So basically I came out to a really good friend about 2 months ago. I was feeling extremely depressed since the beginning of the year and it kept getting worse and the days got more difficult to get through.I only met him this year but we became fast friends, mostly effort from his side. We'd eat lunch, dinner together, watch movies with each other on a single bed, go for walks and spent our short holiday together. We were extremely tight and saw each other everyday and when we didn't, he'd always message me. He always gave me the indication that he doesn't care about people's sexuality, never through slurs etc.I came out to him in a letter explaining I'm not sure what is going on I just needed to talk to someone. He only came to speak to me about a week later and said he doesn't care as long as there are no funny feelings. I was fine after that. However shortly after that he ignored me for 2 full weeks, walking past me in the street, making every excuse not to do something, not doing regular activities that we would do on the daily.Our friend group noticed this change and it ended in a messy confrontation in which he ended up breaking down in front of them stating it was a family issue and he never talks about his feelings. However we have spoken about the specific issue. I managed to get to speak to him privately and state that him disappearing for those 2 weeks coincidently with my issue, made me think it was me. He reassured me it was not me.Shortly after that, college holidays began. He said he'd make plans with me. However he didn't speak to me for a month, (a day before his birthday) asking how the holidays are going. There are 2 weeks of holiday left, I'm not sure what might happen but I don't think much will come of it.Once holidays are over we will be living so close to each other again (neighbors) and I'm just not sure how to act anymore. I feel like I've lost my best friend and I sometimes wish I didn't tell him. I do however realize now what I did was the best thing.So here's the thing. Is my friend who said he is here for me, but has been distant in two instances, who says he doesn't care about my sexuality, who I genuinely thought cared for me and the only one who made my day brighter, ACTUALLY my friend? Why is he acting so odd? Is he homophobic or what?I'm so scared of him acting normal towards me when we see each other again because I feel like I should be angry at him and I owe it to myself to not get hurt, because I am hurt. Im still trying to get him out my system and try and not care about the friendship which is clearly falling apart. I told him because I thought he was the right one to tell and everything has gone to shit.I have bought him a birthday gift and I do plan on giving it to him but I'm not sure if the friendship should/could ever be what it was.TL;DR: came out to a liberal friend who is acting distant and confusing me

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése