2016. október 1., szombat

Our friendship has ended (?) and I am so upset- how do I deal?

So I posted a thread the other day about a big fight I had with my best friend (http://ift.tt/2dnlZRv) whom I used to see almost every day because he’s my mom’s nurse (I see him while visiting her for like 4-6 hours a day. Well I was an ass to him last weekend and he changed his number. The background is in the post above. He’s straight and almost 29 and I’m 54. We used to hang out at work and do stuff outside work and I even picked out his dogs for hi. We talked almost every day and if I didn’t see him he’s text or snap me and vice versa. Well now all that’s gone. I can’t see him on FB or Snap and I don’t have the new phone number. He said he needed space, so that’s fine. We saw each other at work twice this week and it was somewhat normal but we didn’t talk about this. And last night when I left I offered him the fist bump and he accepted and was actually gonna do the full bro handshake but I didn’t realize it until I left. So I’m trying to get through this and accept it’s gonna take a while. But I start a new job on Monday which already has me nervous and we knew he was going to 12 hour shifts from 7p-7a for just three days a week instead of 3p-11p 5 days. This gets worse and worse. The nurse today said that this new 12 hour schedule will mean that the nurses are moving around, that they won't stay on the same hall every day. So with three days a week, I might not even see him here. Dude, I know I am obsessing over this but in a way it's comparable to a death. I do not have an appetite. I can break out crying at the drop of a hat. I took my dog out this morning and cried because I thought of his two dogs that I picked out and went with him in August to get and are actually in my name. I have been having shots of gin every night to go to sleep. I thought I could get used to this over a week or two but with no contact at all that will be almost impossible. Several people have told me that they know the friendship is important to him, and that he will eventually miss it and reach out. In the meantime how do I deal? I know I’m an adult but like I said this is like a death. He will be ok because he has a little brother who’s 18 and he lives with him and they do everything together. He was my little brother to me and we shared so much over the past 2 years, it was the best time of my life, better than any romantic relationship that I’ve ever had. (we are in no way romantic and yes he’s known about me from the start). Because of my work schedule I’ve never even had a best bud like him until now (I left my last job early 2015 and am just now going back). He drives by my new place of employment and said “ I thought about you.” Anyway have any of you been through this and if so how did you stop worrying and being depressed and hurt? I know it was my fault but I explained the circumstances and promised to never upset him again.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése