2016. október 30., vasárnap

Coming out vs Getting Kicked Out

Hello everyone, I'm a 20-year-old full-time university student who has come to a crossroads in my life. Since 13 I knew I was attracted to both males and females, but it was not until college that I explored myself. Coming out to my parents was never really a thought I considered until these past few months. I pride myself in honesty and being straight up with everything, so having not come out to my parents has been weighing on me for a long time especially ever since I started college. I'm middle eastern and come from a very strict catholic background, and my parents have always been morally objective above all other things, including their love for each other and me. They've supported me with a free place to stay and food for the longest time while I finance my own education 100% percent. Where the problem for me lies however is in the fact I know that whenever the time comes I tell them that i am bisexual they will cut off all ties to me. You see that is not exactly what I'm afraid of, it's actually more so the moral conundrum I face. Without coming to my parents I feel like I am betraying them by taking the resources they give me while hiding a significant secret from them. At the same time I know that if I do come out to them, I will be a homeless full-time student with loans, no car, and a much tougher situation. I feel like I'd be a scumbag if I were to drop a bomb on them like that after graduating and earning a well-paying job. They'd feel like they wasted their money on me, and probably disgusted. I'm not ashamed of who I am but I am ashamed of hiding who I am from my parents due to financial circumstances. I also don't blame my parents for who they are or how they were raised, it's just the way of the world. Anyways I'm just really perplexed and I'm unsure if I should follow my heart or my intuition here. I believe the right thing would be to tell my parents now and accept what happens but that would of course be the hardest thing to do :( Advice reddit?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése