2016. február 7., vasárnap

Does anyone else think the it gets better campaign is controversial?

Like yes, as a gay teenager, I was isolated and was unhappy a lot in high school. However, I wouldn't necessarily say it was because people were discriminating against me for being gay. When I publicly came out online, people liked it for second and just moved on. Not a single person mentioned it to my face. But most of the time people just ignore you in high school, and the social isolation is what I think causes the problem. I don't know if I would say that people have "bullied" me very often in high school, they mostly just upset you by pretending you don't exist if you do not fit the mold. Is this what it gets better could mean? Of course I get that people are mean about being gay and I have been bullied by a few people quite harshly for other reasons not about being gay, but overcoming isolation and moving on maybe is the true story rather than the other people bullying you directly.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése