2015. július 4., szombat

Tips to finding a boyfriend?

My original answer. Feel free to add more tips:I'm not very experienced in this field, but I do have some lessons I have learned, as well as some tips in general. I have had two boyfriends in the past, with my first Ex that I don't really count, since we really were not clicking together.1) Intrests/CriteriaIf you have never sat down and wrote out a list of everything you are looking for in a boyfriend, and you are really serious about a relationship, think about the qualities in a relationship with a guy that you need. I recommend at least filling out one dating site (I particularly recommend OKCupid), as this can help organize your thoughts and needs in what you need to get out of a relationship. Dating sites usually ask you questions about yourself, as well as provide many personality/compatibility tests. You may not want to find a boyfriend over a dating site, especially if you are serious, but at least try it out specifically for the questions that need to be answered.2) Search AroundYou do not need to approach every guy you see, but start with the basics. Consider friends you know that you are very close to. The longer you know someone, the better the results are. I'm not saying to deliberately date your best friend, but take that into consideration. I know for sure that one of my best friends has a huge crush on me. However, I know that from my criteria I have written, based on my needs and what I can do for/want from another guy, that this relationship will be weak and will fall apart eventually. If all the answers point to "no", then you may want to broaden your horizons by attending conventions and meetups that are relevant your interests. Make friends. Over time, you will know if the right guy is there. Relationships CANNOT be rushed, and in all reality, if it is something you seek to be serious, then you may have to wait years before you finally know. Love is only half the battle. The rest is about knowiing if the relationship will last until the very end of each other's lives.3) PacingThis is my weakest point of serious relationships, to be honest. You have to realize of a friend of yours is okay with a relationship. Most of the time, they will express their love for you in a very subtle way if they are actually into you. Some will be blatant about it, and others will try and say it in other ways to let you know, and no, i'm not talking about intimacy as "other ways". The only reason I bring up the word "friend" is because you generally want to know who this person is before you start a relationship with them. I personally believe that being in a state of official dating can lead to unsustainability in pacing, as this just causes massive hype between both lovers. To be "friends" in the eyes of other people, yet being more than that in both of your eyes is a goal for me, personally, until I feel like i know the other guy well enough to proclaim a relationship. This is only based on experience, as my second Ex rushed things and did not pace anything. Be wary of the pace of a relationship, and communicate openly with your partner about this point.4) HypeBe VERY modest about your excitement about finding a guy you want to spend the rest of your life with. It becomes very disappointing when you finally fall in love with someone, and in the end, you find out that you were never meant to be. To find the perfect guy, you need to take rejection and shove it back up it's own asshole. Rejection is normal, and broken hearts suck. However, you need to move on and continue searching, especially if you are serious about finding Mr. Right. No one said this search is easy, and no one said this search is efficient. Really, we have no efficient way of finding love. Alot of it is based purely on luck and good intention. You can start rambling off percentages for the right guy if you like, but in the end, there is only One Guy you are looking for. You have a 1/7,000,000,000 chance. You have no time to waste (Sorry if that sounds a little rough, especially for those who take more time to get over breakups, but in reality, I have moved on from my past failed relationships. The past is the past, and I intend to keep it that way).5) Breakup FriendshipsNEVER, EVER stay friends with an ex. It never usually ends well, sadly. It's very sad, and still sometimes hurts that my past relationships can never be revived to a friendship status, but it is for the best. Unnecessary drama that affects your friends, job, and sometimes place of residence can be negatively affected by not breaking ties with an Ex. I will not go into too much detail about this, as others have differing opinions, and the advice i gov on this point is very personal. I wish not to dig back in that part of my memory to backup this point.Right now, in my life, I just got over my second Ex. I have another guy i have been talking to for awhile, and tomorrow morning will be our first date ever. I'm really excited, but also really nervous. I know this guy and his personality, so it will not be a surprise, but it also is a new chapter in my life that I hope to begin and end on a positive note. For the moment, we still do not declare ourselves as "in a relationship", but we are going to hopefully get to that point. The only reason why we have not said anything official yet, is because we still need some time to get to know each other. I know him, as we have been talking and getting to know each other, but we still have alot to unravel about each other.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése