2015. július 2., csütörtök

Firefighters anti gay post on Facebook

This is an email I sent to the Mayor of Bayonne, NJ. I highly suggest you write or call as well.Mayor = Mayor Jimmy Davis Email = mayors.office@baynj.org Phone = 201-858-6010https://www.facebook.com/bill.urbanski.520Dear Mayor,I'm sure you have received other emails or phone calls about this by now.. but I wanted to add my comments as well. I was made aware of a Firefighter from your city, a Bill Urbanski who had recently posted on his personal Facebook account saying and I quote "Gays are not heroes and this just shows how sick they are!" This comment was made as a response to a photograph being passed around in support of the recent marriage law change.I know that every region in the country is different, and everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong, but as a public servant, remarks like his are uncalled for and puts the citizens at unrest. I'm sure by now citizens of your town has heard about his comments and they may have issues with it.. especially if they are gay or lesbian and happen to get Mr Urbanski as a firefighter on call that day.. should they be afraid he won't help? or might even put them in more danger? I would hope not, but he has made it publicly clear what his opinions are.For the record, I am a military veteran and 100% not gay... however part of why I served my country was to allow the citizens the freedom of speech and the right to live their lives how they want (or marry who they want). That also means I support people saying stupid and ignorant things.. but that should not be coming from a public servant. I'm sure you are full aware of public backlash and firings all over the country of police and fire fighters who feel they need to make racial comments on social media.http://ift.tt/1gdb5tT and happy 4th of July.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése