2017. április 26., szerda

And now what? After coming out

Hi. My name is Felix I'm a 29 yrs old and I recently came out as a gay. My story is long I will try to make it short, I have been aware of my sexual orientation since I remember but until last year I was a Pentecostal Christian on a Hispanic church this is one of the most fundamentalists of the Christian churches that doesn't accept gay lifestyle or anything that has to do with it. I'm from Mexico and haven living in the USA for about 10 yrs now, I basically fled my country because of fear that my father would harm me because he doesn't accept my sexuality and say that is shameful to my family the way I'm, before I left he didn't knew that I was gay but he told me that he would hang me from a tree if I was. I left my country as soon I turned 18 and got my papers to legally leave the house, leaving everything behind was the worst thing I have ever done in my life, when I came to the USA I was still at church and try to make everything as "normal" as possible praying every day fasting and reading the Bible I even graduated from a bible school here. I have my certificate and diploma I was trying to "cure" my self with everything I could I study the Bible looking for a answer to my life because I could imagine my life outside the church that I loved so much. But now that I left I feel so bad even after they didn't accepted me as a gay person, My mom died when I was 14 yrs old and that was devastating for me she was the only person that have love me and actually accepted me, now I'm almost a year outside the church and trying to make sense of my life and looking for a purpose to it, before it was the church, my life was for the church, after coming out my friends accepted me everyone on different degrees but I'm happy they actually ok with it, not that they applaud it but they accepted me. My family is a different story I still talk to my sisters and brother but not my father, hopefully he can change his mind because I really do miss him. 10 years is to much to be separated from him.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése