2017. február 20., hétfő

Valeo terminated my contract for being LGBT

This is a followup to my latest post. I am sorry that I didn't provide enough information because of my psychological state at that time.Background: I am openly gay. My sex is male but I have gender identity disorder. I live in Egypt. I faced discrimination in military, university, and work. So I decided to leave my job and look for another.My story with Valeo: I got accepted as a junior software engineer at Valeo. I was located at CAI1 site (Cairo). My performance was very perfect: I did very well during the induction period and everybody was talking about my advanced C skills and broad computer science knowledge.However, if you are gay or some sexual/gender minority, you don't deserve to have a normal life like other people. The egyptian employees noticed that I put makeup... so they reported this to the HR.The HR director told me that I must stop wearing makeup. I replied with the fact that the code of ethics of Valeo prevents discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, or physical appearance. I argued that transgender people should have the right to have a phsyical appearance that is consistent with their gender identity.The HR director and the local manager told me that I must comply to local culture and local customs. They threatened me that they would give me a warning if I didn't come back into the closet again.I had to stop wearing makeup after these threatings. I sent my issue to several people in the company, including the cheif of ethics and compliance, but they did nothing. Finally, the HR director called me to her office last Sunday to inform me that I am rejected. I tried to commit suicide for the first time of my life.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése