2016. február 4., csütörtök

Feeling Uneasy About a Situation

Hi all,This is my first post to Reddit. Let me just get out of the way that my username is a joke simply because I never thought I'd actually post on here. But, here I am.Anyhow, I'm currently dating an older man who only just came out a year and a half ago. We met through Scruff and immediately hit it off ( we lived on opposite sides of the state so it was all conversation and pictures, not some random hookup). Long story short, I finally met up with him and things went really well and we've been seriously dating for the last year.Our relationship has been absolutely amazing thus far but the last few days have left me a little uneasy. My partner is much older than me, has a family, kids, etc. He's very good looking for his age (53) but he has begun to fear that his time for looking good is getting shorter. As such, he's had conversations with me about his fear that I'm going to lose interest in him as he gets older and that if we split up, he'll be alone and I'll still have many options. I know these thoughts are normal, but he's also been talking about how he wishes he would have come out sooner so he could have experienced the "scene" if you will. Scene meaning going out to clubs, having hook-ups, and the short term highs associated with gay culture.I guess where I'm going with all of this is that I fear he feels like he wants to get all of that out of his system while he can and I'm sort of in the way of that. I had only come out a few months prior to him, but I had a few hook-ups and realized I'm much more of a committed type, especially since I met him. I've attempted to tell him that the whole hooking-up thing isn't what its cracked up to be and he's not missing much but I know he's still curious.Does anyone have any advice? I'm very secure in our relationship and I don't expect him to leave or anything, I just want to know if anyone else has run into a similar situation and how you handled it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése