2015. október 7., szerda

My parents don't accept me, now what?

Well my parents officially know that I'm gay and being the conservative Christian republicans that they are, they refuse to accept me. I've been steeling myself for this to occur, but not for a couple years. I'm 19 and didn't plan on saying anything until I had found someone who made me happy, so somewhere in my 20s. Now that the cat is out of the bag, it's difficult to say the least because I'm not quite ready to lose their guidance, but at the same time I want to say the hell with them. They have essentially told me that I'm going to hell and if I continue down this path that "God rest your soul." Accepting me would apparently be them condoning it and that goes against what the bible says in their eyes. I'm off at college and the only thing they pay for is my health insurance, so if I were to cut them out I wouldn't be stuck in the street or anything, but I feel like I'm too young to be completely independent. I guess what I'm trying to say is if anyone has any advice for what to do if your parents don't accept you, I would appreciate that.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése