2018. május 2., szerda

Just found out my ex wants to visit me. Over the flipping moon. Wanted to share

So... my ex, the love of my life, just messaged me and said he’d like to visit me next week. It’s been months since we saw each other, though we text a lot. And I’m just so stoked that I get to see him, in the flesh. I’m stoked he wants to see me.Some background to help make it clear how much this means to me... We didn’t break up for any lack of love between us, we broke up because my alcoholism and abuse of pills got too much - understandably - for him to deal with while he was (and still is) working on his PhD. And even after he had to ask me to leave his flat, he kept meeting me twice every single week for lunch to make sure I was alive and getting fed, even though I was unbearable to be around.I then ended up briefly homeless and had to move away to live in a safe place with my uncle and his fam in a rubbish little town a way from him. We’ve been texting since but I haven’t seen him since before Christmas. I miss him so fucking much, gays.Before all this... we’d been together since we were 19, then when I was 21 my mum was diagnosed terminally ill and we both moved to the town where my parents were living (not my hometown) in shitty mid-wales so I could be close to her. Eventually the strain of living with my shit dad in a shit place was a bit too much for him and we decided to take a break when he went back to uni in the autumn. After that - we kept close, but we were broken up.Then when my mum’s funeral came around, he was there for me, looked after my messy drunk ass, and a week later I went back to the city with him and my potted plants and my dad’s tv (he’s a dick!). Cue the happiest couple of months of my life, living with him, waking up with him, going out and coming home with him.Then - my stupid fucking drinking, the pills. He tried for bloody ages to work with me on it but I was a useless asshole and couldn’t stay sober for one day. He couldn’t cope - and none of the friends whose couches I slept on after I left his place could cope either. I couldn’t have coped with me either.I came here like a week before Christmas and I’ve been sober most of the time I’ve been here. As in, I made it to 50 days, then I had a massive fucking relapse and took a bunch of prescription painkillers. Now I’m 75 days sober post-that, and it’s a daily battle but I feel like I’m winning. And with him coming to visit me -It really does feel like my life could all just slot back into place, really. I could get the love of my life back. In the past - when I was couchsurfing and when I was homeless and he wanted to see me it was a big panic, like, how do I hide how bad things are from him, god, what if I’m in a state when he gets here? But this time I have nothing to hide from him at all. I know when he shows up he’ll get to see how well I’m doing, not how well I want him to think I’m doing.Fucking hell. I can’t wait to see him.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése