2018. május 29., kedd

Am I the only one concerned with how sexualized lgbt pride is?

Parading around in public while in BDSM gear and standing on top of penis floats is disgusting and practically parades the stereotype to the general, already intolerant public that lgbt people are perverts. Now I've heard silly arguments that pride is sexualized because lgbt people were always desexualized by everyone else because their very existence made them uncomfortable. But like, even disabled and mentally ill people were and are still thought of as sexless because people don't like to think of them as people with sexual desires like everyone else. Additionally, they were also forcibly castrated and sterilized like lgbt people used to be. Does that mean disabled people have the right to parade around in jockstraps? I hope you realise what I'm trying to say. I did talk about my views to an lgbt advocate, and he just didn't get it. He kept running out of counter arguments but the disturbing part was that he initially claimed that lgbt pride is meant to be family friendly. Like, I'm sorry. Debating on what should and shouldn't be allowed in lgbt pride is one thing, but don't you dare say that lgbt pride is family friendly when it's so vulgar and sexual many times.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése