2018. május 28., hétfő

13 Reasons Why Controversial Rape Scene

This morning I read an article about a rape scene in season 2 of the show 13 Reasons Why. They’re saying that Netflix is under pressure to remove the show entirely because of it. They’re calling it a “male rape scene”, and so of course I had to see what all the fuss was about and I watched it on YouTube. I couldn’t finish it. It broke my heart. I just couldn’t. The show runners and some of the cast are defending it, saying this happens and their responsibility is to show reality and hopefully start a dialogue.I dunno if any of you have watched it. I won’t give my opinion about this, I just watched it and it’s too fresh, and I just can’t..If any of you have seen it, it be curious to know your thoughts. What does displaying such brutality do for us? Is it helpful? Or just plain horrifying. Did they go too far?Just a note, it is very graphic, I don’t recommend you watch if you’re sensitive to this kind of content.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése