2018. május 29., kedd

[Venting] My Brother Came Out

So my Brother came out to the family this week, and today he announced he had a boyfriend. I came out to my family about four years ago and it was possibly the most stressful year of my life.I’m aware that my feelings are in the arena of jealousy or resentment, and I’m aware that it’s not right to have that response to a) a family member doing something incredibly difficult, and b) something you have experience of. But I do resent him a little bit.I just feel he has had such and easy time of it - having been party to my coming out, and seeing the reactions I got from the side line I think has made it easy for him. Not that I want him to find it hard, just that I don’t think he appreciates how easy he has it.I sound like an asshole, but it’s just how I feel currently.Also, announcing he has a boyfriend. I hid my first relationship for six moths when i was at school before we decided it was too stressful to continue in secret.I suppose it comes down to a sibling jealousy or something similar. He’s the youngest of us and has Mum wrapped around his finger. He’s the best looking, the tallest, the most socially confident. He just seems to have it all, and now he’s out, AND has a boyfriend. That was the one thing I had that no one else did, and now it’s another thing he’s doing better at than me!I’m such a self centred dick... but screw him...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése