2017. október 30., hétfő

Dealing with a sudden break-up. Feeling lost.

So my boyfriend and I broke up recently (about 3 weeks ago). We're both in our 20s, in uni and he initiated the breakup after dating for a year.The main reason for his breakup was that he still feels young and finds it difficult to commit to one person and finds it difficult to be in a relationship. Everything was going on perfectly and the breakup came on to me as a complete shock. He says that he has had time to think about the idea of us being in a relationship, which made him feel anxious, uncomfortable and just not normal. This then triggered the thought of breaking up, which then happened in the weeks after.I, on the other hand, thought that things were going perfectly till that conversation we had about where we were going and what the future entails when we graduate. He said that he still wants me to be around him and be his best friend but I can't seem to remove my love for him. And the thought of him getting on with other people in clubs/night outs, kills me so much inside. Yes, we both did things with other people after the breakup but we both told each other that they were just physical/casual stuff.I feel as if he can do it so much easily because he took the first few steps of detaching me from our 'relationship'; and that I'm still recovering from the fact that we're not together anymore. I've been reading posts here, talking to my other friends and they've all talked about how I should remove him from my life so that I can move on with mine. But the idea of me walking away from him would hurt him a hell lot because he said that I was his best friend. I've been planning my future year around him but I guess the mistake was that we never discussed about our future in the relationship.I have been devastated and depressed ever since. The sudden change in lifestyle (no cuddling in beds at night watching shows, no kissing, me being unable to express all my life for him physically) is affecting me in so many ways. He has been my pillar of emotional and mental support in the past year in uni. But now, I can't even do any bloody essays or focus on work. He was the reason I came out to my friends around me. He gave me the courage to do that, hang out with other LGBT people, go out to LGBT nights and made me really happy about my sexual identity. I really thought that he was the one.We still hang out like friends do but it hurts to not see us as a couple anymore. I feel a mix of anger and sadness every single day. I feel really lost in my life at the moment and I have thought of just leaving everything behind, ending it all. What do I do?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése