2017. augusztus 4., péntek

Is Gay Misogyny a Thing?

This is a conversation I've been having with friends lately, and what with recent discussions of straight girls hanging out in gay bars I think it's even more relevant. My take on it used to be that gay misogyny (gay guys with negative feelings/opinions about women) is mostly a thing among older (50+) generations of gay guys, but I'm starting to think it may be more prevalent than I thought but just not as politically correct to talk about as it used to be since so many women have become cool with and ingratiated themselves into gay culture as allies and whatnot. It kind of makes sense insofar as there is so much worship of maleness and masculinity in gay culture but also given the political context seems kind of non-intuitive. Thoughts?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése