2017. november 21., kedd

Groping at gay bars/clubs is rampant and pretty much overlooked by the gay community.

Considering the fact that sexual harassment is the topic de jure of 2017, I felt that I should address the fact that I cannot seem to go to a gay bar or club without being groped at a minimum of once or twice per night out. I am not talking about extreme predatory behaviour here....I am simply referring to unwanted/uninvited ass or crotch grabs while shuffling through the crowd. It happens to my partner just as much as it happens to me. Now, I am no pushover and often have had to convince myself not to punch the offender in the face instead of simply turning and staring them down...but I didn't go out to end up being arrested for assault. I went out to forget about the bullshit in life for a little while. So, Reddit, any thoughts? What do you think the best way to address this issue within the community (without punching anyone in the face) would be? Also, why is this behaviour so common and so tolerated within our culture?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése