2017. november 30., csütörtök

R/Gay

18 year old guy here. I’m really having trouble getting over an conversation I had with my aunt so I want your opinion on how to build that motherfucking bridge and put it behind me.So, this aunt is a devout Christian (dammit they always are.) she has always been an incredibly kind woman and very generous to me and my sisters in lieu of her being unable to have children with her husband. Recently we had a family dinner and I decided to wear a long skirt (I’m a bit if a fashion fanatic and enjoy them in a sense that I don’t consider cross dressing) no one said anything and we went about the dinner normally. A few days later, I went out with my aunt on a little excursion. We somehow got on the topic of her friend that we were meeting and how she’s glad I didn’t wear a skirt that day. Obviously I said “what would be embarrassing about it?” And she continued on a large rant beginning with how it makes her uncomfortable, to how me being gay makes her uncomfortable, to how I disgust her and am an abomination (remember, this woman has never showed me any unkindness in my life) I retort sometimes to defend my position. I also explain to her how it’s not a choice, etc. But she continues on to say that I am allowed “special rights” and the rights of Christians have been taken away. She said and I quote “you have more rights than I do as a Christian” (McYikes). So we are still in this car and I’m crying like an idiot. This woman has just told me that the very foundations of who I am as a person are something to be ashamed of and should be dismantled into a straight male archetype. It’s not like I can just jump out, we are on the highway. We continue on for the next few hours to finish our shopping excursion with her friend (the friend knows nothing about this) (side note: friend asks if I have a girlfriend and I explain that I like guys and she was super chill about that) after that day me and my aunt never talked about it. My mother and other aunty gave her shit for it but instead of an honest apology I received an “I love you, I hope you know that.” Should I persist and readdress the issue? (Another goddamn side note: this was a few months ago, she now has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy). I just feel like she will never understand and I think it might be best to disconnect from her but I don’t want to in her time of need.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése