2017. november 30., csütörtök

Just realised 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is Freddie Mercury's coming out song

Yeah, I know, I'm a slow learner. But recently I've been wondering if Freddie has ever come out as gay publicly, since he was from a very conservative religious family (Indian religion).That's when I thought of Bohemian Rhapsody, which lyrics I could never make sense of. And then they made sense. "Momma, I just killed a man", "Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth", "He's just a poor boy from a poor family. Spare him his life from this monstrosity"So I googled it. And it is true (confirmed by his ex lover).It's amazing how a song I've been listening to for as long as I can remember suddenly has a completely different meaning and has become even more powerful.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése