2017. november 25., szombat

Gay dating noob

Hi all, I am 25 years old from a small rural town and never had a boyfriend. Most of my life I have been closeted, but I am coming out to people who ask if I am gay and I have never felt better. Now that I am 'out' I am interested in dating/pursuing a partner and I am no longer interested in 'hooking up'. However, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to the dating game outside of a phone app. Currently, I am crushing on a co-worker over the last few months and I am unsure where I stand. We work in the local emergency department where I have a clinical position and he is administration. We see each other usually once or twice a week for 12 hour shifts. We even get one on one time together late a night. A month ago I ballsed up and asked him out to dinner (Initially asked to go out for a drink, but he does not drink alcohol). He gave me his number and agreed to go out. He mentioned he was sick and may not be up for dinner. We did not end up going out. Next time I saw him at work he was uncharacteristically distant and gave many one word responses. I asked about rescheduling dinner and he responded with 'idk'. Frustrated and kind of embarrassed I just dropped the subject thinking I read the situation wrong and he was straight/not interested.The following shifts we worked together I focused on my work and did not go out of my way to interact with him. He was very interested in whatever I was doing and asked me to help with computer issues which he is very savy in. Do other nice things like taking his feet off a chair he was using as a footrest to offer me a seat next to him (and then taking big bites out of a banana... like whyyy haha). Taking interest in my enjoyment of the superhero genre, my medical school admissions test (aint no one in my life wants to know about that), and listening to me nerd out about games. All the while teasing/judging each other relentlessly when we are alone. I know guy friends do this, but its more than some of my best friends.Very confused with the situation because I think hes either straight and I am misreading him, gay but in the closet, or gay and just not interested in me that way. I have found him to be a very indecisive person with most decisions, so maybe I am just another one. Also the information I provided is likely very biased towards what I want... sorry. Does anyone think I should continue to pursue him in a flirty way, be more direct, or should I just drop it? In some dating situations people are rejected multiple times before accepting.Thanks you all for giving me a space to vent. PM me if anyone ever needs someone to talk to. I am not good with dating advice, but I will gladly listen. I am on reddit everyday haha.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése