2017. július 26., szerda

Need support : I was outed

I'm a doctor from Spain (I apologize in advance if I write English badly). Spain is said to be the most 'tollerant' country in the world regarding lgtb, that's why I can't still believe what has happened to me.I was working in a hospital as a doctor in internal medicine. I' ve met a guy in cardiology and he was very friendly to me, he was so friendly that I started thinking he was closeted (he stared at me, he rubbed my back, etc...) However he boasted about being a "womanizer". Then I went on holidays and by my return, his behaviour towards me changed drastically. He sometimes even shouted swearwords when I tried to talk to him as if these words adressed to me, he became pretty unfriendly with me and it was so obvious from my point of view that he wanted to get rid of me that I felt ashamed and when we finished our duty in cardiology (and so we have were going to work together anymore) I contacted him via telephone to tell him that If "I were in love with him , whats the matter?", I reproached him for wanted to get rid of me because something like this and I finally said that I hoped he were nice to me again. I also ask him not to tell anybody else that I am gay. He never replied.I was not prepared to any outing. However I took this risk because I wanted to reprimand him for acting like an homophobe and I thought that if he talk with other people about it, they wouldn't give a damn, to make him learn it was irrelevant. But it seems he was offended because of it as if I was questioning his heterosexuality.And he outed me, he talked with my colleagues in the hospital about of it and I tried to contact him once more just to remember him that outing someone was bad and the only reply I received was : "I don't know you. I don't have your phone. Bye" (it was his phone)And the nightmare began. My colleagues started mocking me, making fun of me about it behind me. They started playing with the 24/7 guards at the hospital to make me and this guy coincide. When we met again at this nightguards, he never talked me, he talked about it with any other one and these ones just said indirects towards me like "I thought you were going to work worse this night" with a smirk.People started judging saying that I needed a psychologist or saying I was arrogant. But I never talked about, I remained in silence and I had to passed through all these things.Finally by june 2016 (6 months later) , I started my 3rd year in the hospital so I was going to start doing 24/7 guards (I dont know its traslation in English sorry xD ) just in internal medicine so I shouldnt have to work with this guy together at the urgency departmente (he started his 2nd year and he started doing guards only in his service too therefore I was sure this story was about to end. However 2nd june 2016 my boss called me. I went to his room eagerly thinking about some new task like writing an article or a research project... but.... no, he called me because "a guy has talked to him and he said that I had an unstructured thinking so he - my boss - wanted me to go to a psychologist". I couldn't believe it. I tried to convince him I didn't need it and, nevertheless, he should tell me a reason (or the name of that person). He said he couldn't (neither the name of the guy nor the reason). I insisted like an hour until I finally ask him to trust me and the my boss said that "he didn't trust me and that he wanted to know if I was 'rarito' " ( which means weardo but it's also a pejorative term for gay people like "faggot" but softer, like "queer").I left his room after it and he phoned me 3 days later, monday, to ask me if I have thought about it. I answered him that I was not going anywhere and he said that if I dont go, then he will take measures. I talked with my tutor, I was worried and he said that they just wanted me to be happy. I finally went and there was a psychologist and psychiatrist (my goodness). I made up something and they left me go back home.But it affected me.I stopped studying and working as I wanted, I was worry and pretty sad because there was gossip, derision and now my service treated me as if I were sick. I tried to contact this guy again then in an attempt to fix things personally. Not only he didn't replied, he also make other people know I tried to contact him again as if my messages were public. And I fed the mobbing doing this. I started to be depressed and very anxious, I could barely work as things seemed to worsen and the jokes and indirects never ended. Finally my "friends" went to the hospital and they began doing the same not only personally but also via whatsapp. A girl contacted with my mother when I was on holidays again by july 2016 and I realized it. I asked that "friend" if she knew something about what was going on in my hospital and she said she didn't know anything (she's a doctor too but she works in another hospital) , that I was paranoid and that I should see a psychiatrist. It was terrible because jokes and indirects were obvious as if they wanted me to go out of the closet compelled. And if I contact that guy then it was me that I was harassing him.He never ever contacted me to finish it.I finally took a time off work and my service ordered me to go to a psychiatrist. This doctor said that my superiors should talk and explained me why they did that in June, didn't they do that, I should leave.They never told me anything. My tutor said that he didn't believe me. I remained at home thinking about whether to return working or not. In those months.1 My mother revealed me what my "friend" did when I was on holidays in July (she contacted her via phone to tell her everything). I talked with this girl, she blushed, got nervous and denied everything.2 I started talking about this issue with some other less-toxic friends. I told a friend of mine who contacted with one of my colleagues (they were friends) and this colleague told him that there was mobbing, yes and it was going to continue if I went back but he considered that I should return because it would be a shame if I leave for sth like this.3 I came across with a doctor from the hospital that really appreciates me and he didn't played dumb. He said that i should understand that no everyone accepts "this".4 I felt better. I started to find support.Finally I left but I have to study again in order to have a job. Its a pretty sad situation.I sincerely dont understand.Why? If my country is the most tollerant in the world, why these things still happen?Why was this guy protected as if he was able to out me but I was unable to contact him?One of my collegues was homosexual, why even he made fun of me?Is it fair?Please be honest. No matter if you're rude. I just want to understand why this could have happened.Thanks in advance.Pd. I apologize again if I made many mistakes. Hope the story has been well understood.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése