2017. július 28., péntek

"There Are More Important Issues!"

I hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts on here! I felt compelled to unfriend someone who is not afraid to make her "Conservative" viewpoints known on her Facebook profile. She went on this rant which started with your typical "keep it in the bedroom" and "stop shoving your lifestyle down our throat." The last sentence stood out to me because it reminded me of how ironic many of these anti-LGBT bigots really are. It said "there are more important issues."I honestly do try to refrain from being someone who automatically unfriends those who disagree with me. However, I don't know this person that well. I have only seen her face to face maybe once or twice within the past few years. I don't want this kind of bigotry to fill my news feed.I find it ironic when people say there are "more important issues" than LGBT rights while they (often simultaneously) turn around and make the personal lives of others a matter by expressing their opposition to laws which would protect people from discrimination in workplaces, schools and in housing.We could focus on those "more important issues" if people didn't think like this person whom I felt compelled to unfriend on Facebook!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése