2016. április 3., vasárnap

Guys only want me for one thing

This is not a self pity post, I just need to make sense of my life. I'm a gay 22 year old Londonder, and I've never had a boyfriend. I've wanted one since I was 17, and have been constantly told "you'll find the right guy soon". 5 years later and im still waiting on "soon".I've tried online dating, from sleazy ones to more serious ones, and the one fact that always remains is that people only want to meet me for sex and nothing else. Taking advice from others if tried "softening my personality", "not actively looking", going to mixers and bars, with no avail. The few times I've gotten close to someone, it turns out they "want to remain platonic" or most recently "already have a boyfriend they failed to previously mention".My only saving grace is that I have some amazing friends so I know I'll never truly be alone, however although I pretend it doesn't matter, and remain optimistic about the future: my experience of rejection really doesn't do favours for my ego. Sometimes I'll just cry, and then I'll laugh at how ridiculous I'm being (my defence mechanism for experiencing emotional pain). I tell my self deep down that there's some of for everyone, but I know myself enough to know I don't believe that for me.I've found in my experience, that people normally don't know what to make of me: it's not very common to be black, posh and passive, and a lot of people seem to be perplexed by me, to the extent I'm undesirable?? I've tried to speak in a more... Urban accent, but it often sounds far to ridiculous to keep up.I'm glad that, even if no one reads this, I have space to get it off my chest because I wouldn't dream of talking to anyone about this...because I've probably mentioned it multiple times before. I guess I just want someone to hug me and tell me I'll be fine... But I'm far to British for that 💁. Any commentary would be appreciated

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése