2016. március 11., péntek

Gay Therapist?

I've been going to therapy for a few years now for depression and anxiety, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to see a gay therapist, being gay myself. I feel like my therapist was doing a good job at first - giving me good relationship advice and reassuring me, but it wasn't until recently that he really bothered me. My therapist has kind of a pompous attitude - as if he's looking down at me I feel like when he talks to me. I've told my boyfriend about it and he said that my therapist sounds like an old bitter queen. Our last session made me really upset though. I've been pretty suicidal lately, and I came out to my therapist about it, telling him that sometimes I find comfort in thinking about dying, and he responded in simply saying "that's morbid" with kind of a snide expression. It threw me a back and I'm still upset about it. Do you think I am overreacting? Should I see another therapist? What is your experiences with gay therapists?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése