2016. március 29., kedd

Anxiety from medication or am I in denial

I'll try to keep it as short as possible, but not sure what I'm dealing with here. I'm diagnosed ADHD with Anxiety and have been on Adderall IR 20 mg/Adderall XR 25 mg and Lexapro 10 mg for a long time now. The Lexapro basically saved my life, as I couldn't sit in a classroom without shaking and running out of my medication too fast. Prior to my diagnosis, I was unmedicated in college and exercised daily, running miles a day to get this anger I always had built up which led to recklessness, substance abuse, and sleeping with a ton of women, yet lacking any serious emotional connection.Along came law school and I met my current gf while I was dealing with some bad anxiety and running out of my medication too fast. We had normal sex life and were going out on weekends but I was definitely impulsive with spending and pretty deviant with her, drinking and taking my stimulant medication (although it's prescribed). After the Lexapro, I gained more control over my life, but felt almost asexual when it came to my sex drive and began questioning my sexuality to the point where my girlfriend got so depressed she thought it was her. I will admit, I knew she was engaging in substance abuse and although I was diagnosed ADHD, I guess part of me knew maybe I wasn't really ADHD but was too busy in law school to understand what my underlying issue was. Recently, I tried to come off high dose of Adderall, lowering it all the way down to Adderall IR 10 mg and coming off the Lexapro, I was overwhelmed with so much emotion and anxiety, I wasn't able to enter places without the crippling anxiety again. I was barely able to maintain an erection with my girlfriend and began being questioned about my sexuality. I immediately jumped back on the Lexapro with the Adderall IR 20 mg, and although me and my girlfriend have sex, she believes I'm not ADHD and in denial about my sexuality. When I'm on lexapro alone, I have almost no sex drive and it's making me question my sexuality. I'm not sure if this is the case of manipulation on their part and I truly have a disorder of ADHD with anxiety, or I was misdiagnosed and I'm just in denial about the truth. Any support or input is appreciated, thank you!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése