2018. május 17., csütörtök

I need to come out to my dad before he dies, but I'm scared...

I'll start off by saying that tonight wasn't a good night. My diabetic dad whom has been struggling with an infection in his foot was having trouble breathing tonight. So much trouble that I had to call an ambulance for him. It hurt him so much that he was crying and he's not usually the crying type. Not being able to help him and seeing him in so much pain breaks my heart. I love him so damn much and I just want to see him better. They don't know why he was having trouble breathing, but they did blood work and found something iffy relating to his heart. He's had a few health related problems over the last few years and I'm scared he's going to die.Even knowing this... I can't come out.I want to come out to him and my mom because I'm one hundred percent certain they will accept me, but something, and I don't know what it is, is holding me back. I need my dad to see me fully for whom I am. I need to know that I'm being completely honest with him, and I need him to know that I love him and trust him enough to come out. It never feels like the right time to come out and I always back off before doing it. The closest I ever got was two years ago, but LITERALLY the day before I was going to do it... my younger sister came out as bisexual. I put it off because I didn't want it to look like I was just trying to pull attention to myself. If my dad dies before knowing that I'm gay it will be the biggest regret of my life that I will never be able to shake. I need the courage, but I don't know where to find it. I need to do this. Not "when I'm ready" because I never will be, and not "when the time feels right" because it never does.I'm sorry for this emotional, messy, rant, but I'm just feeling a lot of things right now. Does anyone know how I can find the courage to push through and just do it?"

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése