2018. március 30., péntek

What a mess

Hey everyone,I've been reading around for a while and today I felt like I needed to speak out my mind.Some background, I'm 22yo gay guy from Barcelona. I can't complain so far with my life: I've got a job, friends and a nice place to live. But sometimes I don't feel that comfortable with myself.Let me explain that: for some time I had quite a low self esteem, but fortunately thanks to my friends and changed I did I fixed that. Now I'm quite comfortable with my face and body, but recent events in my life have made me question things I didn't want to question myself about.One of them is my physical appearance. I'd say I'm quite a regular guy: not fit but not fat either, OK-looking and not that short (1,80). I've been with guys before and it felt nice, but the issue comes when trying to find someone new. Usually I end up using these dating apps (you name them, Grindr, Tinder, etc) because I've never been successful irl. People usually tend to fail to notice I'm gay (or at least I've been told so sometimes) bc I'm not one to talk about it either, so except for few occasions, I've never got to meet a gay guy face to face. When in the club, I always reject any guy that tries to approach me bc I've always felt like I need some talking before doing anything (even kissing or touching) with a guy, which is impossible in a club.Lately that has been in my mind and I've been feeling quite anxious about it: I don't like using those apps anymore (even though I met really nice people in there), but I don't find a way of meeting new guys face to face either.So, due to the lack of interaction with gay guys face to face and my not-so-succesful use (I get texts but usually I'm not interested or not in the mood, maybe I'm pointing to too-hot-for-me guys?) of those dating apps, which I end up using anyway bc I feel like I can't meet gay guys outside of them, I end up blaming my physical appearance for this lack of "success", and it doesn't feel right.I'm sorry for the long post but I felt like I could use some "confession time". I'm sorry for any typos, I'm not a native speaker :(Thanks for reading :D

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése