2018. március 29., csütörtök

Just Looking For A Conversation On Offensive Language

I promise I don't mean to offend anyone here I am truely just looking to have a discussion. So to give some context I am a straight guy who uses the "f" word that usually refers to gay people. However, I believe, like many others, that over the years the word as changed, although not entirely and not to everyone, to mean more of an inconsiderate, annoying person. If you have ever watched the South Park episode about this particular topic where the boys refer to Harley Davidson riders as this you'll understand what I'm talking about. I've actually gotten into an argument with my girlfriend over this as well. Her argument was that I shouldn't use it what so ever.Now with the context I just thought I would ask people who have been negatively effected by this word in the past how they feel about it. Does anyone still think that "f" word means the same thing it did twenty years ago? Or has it changed to mean anyone regardless of their sexual orientation? Just interested in seeing what other people think.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése