2018. január 1., hétfő

Heartbreak for a Loner [Sad rant]

I don't know where else to put this, I'm still upset and not sure what to do. At this point I just wanted to get it off my chest, because I guess it'll make me feel better. You all can hate this and downvote it into oblivion if you want, but just typing this out will make me feel better.I'm 19 and comfortably bisexual, though I have a preference for males. I'm also the most socially awkward, introverted person I know. I have a hard time opening up to people and socializing, and it only makes me more upset because I'm tired of being single, but it's so hard for me to go out there and meet people.I downloaded Grindr (my first mistake really) many many months ago, and wasn't sure what I'd find. For the most part, it's just guys that ignore everything on your profile to send you random nudes anyway. Go figure. But I found a few who were nice to chat to before they disappeared...and then I found him.He was a few years older than me, 24 years old, but he attends the college I attend which is how I saw him on there in the first place. I bit the bullet and struck up a conversation with him, and long story short every second spent talking to him was a second spent of him stealing just a bit more of my heart.He was perfect, too perfect even. One of the sweetest people I'd ever met, a nerd like me, and not disinclined to flirt a bit. I thought maybe there was a chance, that I could finally have been happy for once and that I wouldn't have to be alone anymore.Fast forward to last night!We had been flirting a bit after I asked if I needed to be his New Year's kiss, and I was asking him what he was doing for New Year's. He said that he was working as a Lyft Driver but that he'd be home in time for New Year's, and that he was going to drink, smoke, and relax.Now, maybe some of you will judge me, but when I saw smoke I became a bit upset. Smoke of any kind makes me physically ill and makes it next to impossible for me to breathe, and being the dumb thing I am, I brought it up rather than let it lie.And then it only became worse when he said 'No cancer sticks.' I could figure what the alternative was and I could already feel my heart shattering. I dared to mention I didn't like marijuana, and I don't, in spite of the growing idea that it's some magical plant that's a-okay to smoke because reasons. It stinks, and perhaps it's just personal experience, but besides this guy, every person I've ever met who smokes the stuff is an obnoxious prick in some form or another. Either they're those nasty, greasy fake gangsters, or they have a 'better than you' attitude simply because they smoke the stuff. But this guy was different, right? I thought so, anyway.I'll admit, I was upset, perhaps in the eyes of some it was for no reason. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but I didn't. I dared to speak my mind on the matter, that I didn't like the stuff and it upset me a bit to learn he used it because, to be honest, he seemed too sweet to ever consider touching the stuff.In the end I could tell that his tone toward me had changed, all because of my opinion on a plant. But he still told me to have a Happy New Year, and my last message to him was 'Happy 2018' after midnight had passed.When I woke up just a few hours ago...it was all gone. Months of talking, geeking out, flirting...all gone because I dared to say I didn't like smoking, and perhaps just proving that everyone I have met so far who smokes it is a prick in some way. I spent the night before the discovery that I was blocked considering what I had said, if I had been too hasty to speak my mind, if I should have said nothing, and if I could have overlooked this habit for the sake of keeping in touch with him.But now I don't get the chance to figure that out. I'll never be able to speak with him again, because experience has told me we'll never be able to meet in person because of schedule conflicts. And I'm not sure now that I know what he's like now that I'd want to, since apparently being a pothead is a make or break part of the deal for him.I guess I figured maybe he was different than the others. But I guess I'm the one who's different, the outlier who can't be happy because he has unpopular views.I'm sorry for the rant, and if this is considered spam...but I needed to vent. Upvote, downvote, leave a comment...at this point I can't be bothered to care all that much right now. I'm just going to go curl up in bed.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése