2016. március 20., vasárnap

Coming out in college

Hey all. For the past year or so I've pretty much been open with myself about being gay, but aside from myself and a few close friends I haven't been open with anyone else about my sexual orientation. Mostly cause there's not a good way to bring it up in my family, but that's not the point. In a few months I'll be heading off to school (I know I'm getting ahead of myself a little, but it's really been on my mind and I just want some sort of plan so I feel prepared) and want to be totally out there.I'm not worried about poor reception there as it's known for being a good, very liberal, very accepting college, I'm just worried about how to do it logistically. There's nobody in my life who I really care if they find out I've just never made a big deal about it, so now I just don't know what I'm even supposed to do to let people know.Should I tell my roommate first thing when we meet? Have it be one of the first things out of my mouth whenever I talk to someone new? Just continue making awkward gay jokes so people feel a need to ask if I'm slightly homophobic or just plain gay myself like I've been doing? Wear a massive pride flag as a toga for the first week? I'm cool with any ideas people offer cause I'm totally lost about what to do

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése