2015. január 30., péntek

[work] In a little dispute where I seriously offended a coworker. How can I make sure I keep my job?


Well if you want the whole story I can post it but I'm long winded and its a lot to type. Basically I went on a little rant with a coworker about how people are really sensitive to certain words even when they're not used to instill hate. I was specifically talking about faggot. I was saying the word simply because I was talking about the word and she got totally offended and took it to the union and now I have a bunch of higher ups on my case. I really don't know why this is a huge issue or why she was even offended. There were 3 people present in this conversation. The offended, myself, and a 3rd party listener who happens to be a lesbian, and also a friend of mine. The offended would say things like, "you can't say that word because you're not gay!" Well, I'm also not a sandwich. She also claimed I can't say that word because I've never been called it. Well, I have been called a faggot. A lot. She then specified her statement saying I can't use that word because I haven't been called a faggot WHILE getting beat up. We went on like this, and she broke down and called me an anti-feminist homophobic bigoted pig. How bout that. She ended up doing the name calling. Can I use this in my favor?


This started when I made the comment that I believe we live in an offended nation and it stemmed from there. When my intention for having this little free speech rant of how we shouldn't fear words because that gives them power was not to offend, but to empower, am I at risk for termination? I go into work tonight expecting to have a stern talking to. What can I say or do to keep my job?


This is where I may have shot myself in the foot. I posted this on facebook, she saw it (thought I've blocked her now) and took it into work. I didn't have a caption, just the link. http://ift.tt/1jdKaMs


Again posting this was simply to get my side of the argument out to the public by using someone else's words.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése