2015. január 31., szombat

Am I right/Can I do this? (Living situation)

Before I get to the situation/question, just a heads up that this isn't related to my sexuality at all, but this was the best place I figured could possibly help me out. If it's off-topic and/or worthy of being deleted, then so be it, and I apologize.So I live in a 3-person apartment with 2 girls (I did not pick them, it was random and the management said that living with them was the only option left). I live in a single room, and the two girls share a double. I get along with one of them very well, but the other one is an utter waste of space. Both me and the one I get along with do not like this other girl, and she isn't too fond of us either, and this is mostly because our lifestyles are polar opposites. We have very intensive schoolwork and rarely make any noise or go out much, while the other girl most likely couldn't care less about school, constantly has friends over, and depending on the night, they are sometimes extremely obnoxious. This aside, all three of us are civil with each other, we don't fight or anything, we're respectful.So here is the problem - my room isn't really a room. I don't have walls, but instead have these sliding panels that act as my "walls." This "room" is an extension of the kitchen/living room (this apartment is very small). Consequently, I can hear anything and everything that is going on in there. Roommate I get along with went home for the weekend and basically what happened and why I'm writing this is that she came home at around 12:30 in the morning last night with about 6 people while I was sleeping. As they walked in, they were yelling and laughing as if they had the place to themselves. They all went into her room, blasted music, and continued being annoying. My roommate and some guy eventually walked out to find a lighter or something, they left the door open, and basically it's just music blasting in the entire apartment, girls screeching and laughing, some guy yelling stupid shit, and I'm here in my "room" hearing it all crystal clear because let's be honest, I'm in the room with them. These sliding panels are not walls and do not cancel out sound. They don't even cover the entire length from the floor to the ceiling. This is all particularly infuriating because I have to be up between 6:00 and 7:00 in the morning every single day of the week for work or school, and I have told this roommate exactly this, but she obviously wasn't listening or didn't care. Maybe this all sounds like me pitying myself, but it's honestly so much different when you're there dealing with it.So here's where I'm at now: this was so disrespectful and inconsiderate that I'm done with her. She tends to treat the kitchen/living room as if it is her own room, always having friends over, watching TV and talking and laughing and smoking with them for hours a day, and I hear ALL of it. Seriously, they can mumble and I will hear it perfectly from my "room."I don't want to allow this anymore, and I want to know if I can do this. Since the living room isn't HER room, the way I understand it is that if I don't want any of her friends in there, I can make them leave. And if worse came to worse where they just refused to leave or whatever and I called the cops, that they would side with me. I'd tell her that she can have friends over in HER room, but that hanging out in the LIVING room needs to stop. If I had walls, I'd most likely not have a problem with it, but I don't and so long as I'm paying this ridiculous amount for a "room", then I need my peace. And if it matters at all, the other roommate would side with me 100%.So yeah, am I able to enforce not having guests hanging out in the living room since it's imposing on my own wellbeing?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése